Merry Christmas and a Random Blog Post
Please allow me to wish you a very merry Christmas. I hope that your holiday season is sick-free as me and my house have thoughtfully soaked up all the germs floating around in Georgia. Everyone of us is sick or has been sick or is working on their third or fourth round of being sick.
But what’s a holiday without an antibiotic cocktail right?
I had planned on a nice Christmas/New Year themed blog post but since I’m running a fever today, I’m just going to give you some random tidbits as me and mine prepare for 2011. Hopefully, this won’t be quite as random and pointless as the last time I tried this: The Meaning of Life.
Honestly, I tried putting off writing this post until I felt better but I ran out of things I could do while sitting in my chair today. So here are my random thoughts for finishing up 2010 and opening up 2011:
- Christmas time is wonderful, even when you’re sick. I especially enjoyed my children watching the current crop of Christmas specials on TV and trying to tell Dora and the Wonder Pets that the true meaning of Christmas is Jesus Christ and not just being on Santa’s nice list.
- We let the kids pick out toys to give to Toys for Tots, but my youngest still thinks that it’s better to get presents than to give presents.
- My wife tried to tell the kids that there might be something interesting under the tree after we wrapped their presents, but even though their presents were pulled out front, they still didn’t notice them and couldn’t figure out what she was talking about. I don’t understand this because I was always a peeker when I was a kid. To this day, my wife is astounded by my ability to immediately notice when something new appears under the tree. To me the anticipation and guessing is the best part of gift giving and receiving. I always try to give something that won’t be expected.
- I just realized why my laptop wasn’t charging, the plug into the adapter had pulled out. This may not concern you but it’s been bugging me for the past hour.
I’m working on a lot of resolutions for next year, but I’m fully aware that my track record for keeping resolutions is not good. So why should I post them here just to come back later and eat crow at the end of 2011? Instead, let me tell you what’s not on my list of resolutions!
- I have not resolved to post regularly here on this website; if it becomes a chore instead of fun, I will quit doing it altogether.
- I have not resolved to change they way I think; I will go on being who I am, even more so if possible.
- I have not resolved to work harder, I may work smarter and work more but I REFUSE to work any harder than I already do.
- I have not resolved to keep an immaculate house – I like my house clean but lived in with a touch of chaos.
- I have not resolved to quit drinking sweet tea. I think I will drink it until the day I die, I may cut out a lot of other foods or drinks, but never sweet tea.
- Lastly, I have not resolved to quit my resolutions. I have also not resolved to not quit my resolutions. I may quit or I may not, either way – HAPPY NEW YEAR! and here’s to a 2011 that will be productive and unpredictable in every way.